· 9 small to medium red potatoes, scrubbed
· 1 tablespoon of olive oil
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
· ½ cup mayonnaise
· ½ cup olive oil
· 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· ½ teaspoon garlic powder
· ½ teaspoon onion powder
· ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 2 teaspoon chopped parley
· 2 tablespoons bacon fat
· Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
· ¼ cup blue cheese
· 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
· 3 strips chopped bacon
· Clean and oil your grill grates, heat to 500 degrees F.
· Add potatoes to a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil.
· Boil potatoes for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
· Drain potatoes and allow water to fully evaporate from the skin. Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slightly press down on the potato to pop them open and create a flat surface to grill.
· Gently drizzle both sides of the potatoes with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
· Place potatoes on the preheated grill to get desired grill marks on both sides of the potatoes.
· Remove from the grill and shingle on a serving platter.
· Cook bacon strips until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and save the bacon fat.
· In a large mason jar or container with a tight fitting lid, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and shake until well combined.
· Pour dressing over shingled potatoes and garnish with chopped bacon, blue cheese crumbles and sliced green onions.
Recipe serves 8.
For more information about LongHorn Steakhouse or to find your nearest location, visit LongHornSteakhouse.com. Connect with us at Facebook.com/LongHornSteakhouse, Twitter.com/LongHornSteaks and Instagram.com/LongHornSteaks.
Disclosure: I received a gift card in exchange for sharing this information.