Baked Bean Month is most fitting for July when we have bbqs as well, since baked beans go great as a side with those BBQ's or those family reunions this year. Great as a side with hot dogs, burgers, steaks and more.Their actually the 3rd most eaten side dish food even when cooking out! They can even be cooked on the grill.
Baked beans are also high in protein and contain more fiber than most whole grain foods.
Our favorite baked bean when we are in the USA snow birding is BUSH’S Baked Beans. When in Canada check them out in your local Walmart. Flavors including: Original, Home Style, Brown Sugar Hickory, and Sweet & Tangy Vegetarian . They're slow-cooked with the plumpest beans and BUSH’S signature blend of spices, and they are perfect for any occasion! Just heat and serve...
BUSH’S® Baked Beans Bruschetta
Recipe created for BUSH’S® Beans by Kristen Doyle, freelance writer and blogger of popular Dine & Dish, mother and member of BUSH’S Culinary Solutions Blogger Panel.
Servings: 8 to 10
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
2 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
½ stick (4 tablespoons) butter (not margarine), softened
1 can (16 ounce) BUSH’S® Original Baked Beans
1 medium tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
4 ounces finely shredded smoked white Cheddar cheese, or variety of choice
1. Preheat oven on broiler setting.
2. Heat beans in small saucepan over medium heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
3. Place baguette slices on cookie sheet. Rub each slice with garlic, then spread butter over each slice.
4. While beans are heating, place cookie sheet under broiler for 2-3 minutes. (TIP: Watch baguettes carefully to prevent edges from burning.)
5. Using oven mitts, remove cookie sheet from oven. Using slotted spoon, top each toasted slice with generous spoonful of beans, tomato and cheese.
6. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve.