There’s a lot to look forward to this Spring at Ovation Brands’ portfolio of restaurants… with all-new Family Night festivities taking place every Thursday night between March 17th through May 12th. Featuring the ever-popular Amelia Bedelia from children’s literature, kids of all ages are invited to participate in educational yet lighthearted group activities that celebrate words, science, cooking, the seasons, and even this year’s upcoming presidential election.
ACTIVITIES FOR SPRING
All Family Night Kids’ Activities are free to all guests at participating Ryan’s®, HomeTown® Buffet, Old Country Buffet® and Country Buffet® locations. Kids simply meet up in the designated activity area, where an adult staff member will be leading the night’s fun-filled experience. Parents are welcome to enjoy a quiet meal in the meantime, or join in with kids as desired. Along with each weekly event, children will also receive “fun sheets” that relate back to each night’s theme.
Upcoming events include:
- March 17 “St. Patrick’s Day” brings kids along on a magical four-leaf clover hunt with prizes, candies, and free dinner coupons for those that collect the most clovers. Extra clovers will be given to kids who show up wearing green.
- March 24 “Let’s Run for Office!” teaches kids the basics about election time and how to campaign by making slogans, buttons, and campaign promises before holding their own mini election.
- March 31 “Spring Selfie” is a great social media photo-booth-style experience the whole family can take part in. Frames, decorations, and mini props will be provided at each location.
- April 7 “Bake Off!” gets children into the wholesome fun of cooking by baking one of Amelia Bedelia’s favorites – classic Apple Pie.
- April 14 “Recipes Done Right” helps kids see how important it is to follow instructions – especially when baking – with a fun ‘scramble’ game to see which team can re-create certain recipes.
- April 21 “Fly a Kite” celebrates one of Springtime’s most popular activities by coloring and assembling a miniature kite for flying or decorating their rooms
- April 28 “Dream Pie” invites children to explore their imaginations and their appetites with a colorful design-your-own pie creation to share with the group
- May 5 “The Power of Words That Help Out” features Amelia Bedelia and her silly mix-ups of common phrases as kids discover the multiple meanings of words and phrases during a Simon-Says-style game.
- May 12 “Magic Words” highlights Amelia Bedelia once again – but this time showing how words can make a difference through manners and also through magic – with multiple magical demonstrations kids can recreate at home.
Families can also save on Family Nights from 3:30PM – Close when kids under age 11 can eat for $1.99. This offer is valid for up to two kids per regular priced adult meal purchase. Families can also enter for a chance to win a 7-night Caribbean cruise for a family of four including air transportation, courtesy of MSC Cruises. For more information about the prize or how to enter, visit www.AmeliaBedeliaFamilyFunSweeps.com.
For more information about family-night activities, or to learn more about Ryan’s®, HomeTown Buffet®, Country Buffet® Old Country Buffet®, visit , , and
Enter to win:
To celebrate the promotion as well as the sweepstakes, we want to offer our readers a special prize pack, with an Amelia Bedelia sticker pack, bonnet pack, poster, brochure, and 4 paperback books – Amelia Bedelia’s First Apple Pie, Amelia Bedelia Makes a Friend, Amelia Bedelia, Amelia Bedelia Means Business. $100 Value
One winner will receive the prize pack above. Both Canada or the USA can enter and the draw will be made by Random.org on March 31, 2016
Leave a comment with your contact info if your familiar with Amelia Bedelia books. Limit one entry per household.
Good Luck To All!