Many people get intimidated by the grill, but don’t be one of them. Should you be grilling and find yourself asking essential grilling questions, don’t panic, LongHorn is here to help. On Sunday, September 4, LongHorn Grill Masters will be available via the Grill Us Hotline to provide advice for every step of the grilling process—from cleaning your grill to getting great diamond marks. For those who prefer to text, LongHorn will also provide grilling tips, recipes and how-to demonstration videos via text anytime through Monday, September 5.
· Phone: Dial 1-855-LH-GRILL (1-855-544-7455) to be connected to a Grill Master on Sunday, September 4 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
· Text: Text GRILL to 55702 to get expert grilling tips and recipes as well as how-to demonstration videos through September 5. (Up to 2 msgs per month. Txt HELP for help or STOP to end. Msg&data rates may apply. Msgs may be sent from 55702 using autodial system. Consent not required to purchase property, goods, services).
· Prep whatever you can the day before. For example, skewer the meat, slice the vegetables and pack your car.
· Before you get started, prep the grill surface. Ensure your grill is hot (500°F) and cleaned with a wire brush. Place your hand 3 inches above the grates, and if you need to pull away before you count to 3, it’s ready to start grilling!
· Boldly season. Don’t be shy when seasoning your steak! Try “The Big 4” – salt, pepper, granulated onion powder and garlic powder – coat both sides of the steak well.
· Make sure you let your steaks rest for 2-3 minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to settle back into the meat, resulting in optimal flavor.