Stouffer’s has announced that it will be simplifying recipes according to its new “Kitchen Cupboard” commitment. This new initiative will focus on shortening and simplifying recipes and only including ingredients consumers might find at home, like vine-ripened tomatoes, freshly made pasta, and real mozzarella.
· This effort will begin with Stouffer’s Lasagna with Meat and Sauce, one of the brand’s classic offerings. The simpler recipe will now contain fewer ingredients, but continue to offer the same great taste consumers know and love.
· Over the next few years consumers will see Kitchen Cupboard renovations across existing and new products. The guidelines include:
· Using ingredients that consumers trust and recognize, like what they would use in their own home kitchens, with no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
· Working on simplified recipes that result in great taste with fewer ingredients
· Offering recipes that provide consumers with the same or better dining experience, at a good valueThis is something I am truly happy to hear about. For someone that has food intolerances , tries to eat healthier and reads food labels, thumbs up to Stouffers!