1/3 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 box SimpleMills Chocolate Muffin & Cake Mix
1 container Simple Mills Organic Chocolate Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 6-inch cake pan and line it with parchment paper. Also grease a small ramekin or glass dish.
2. Whisk the eggs, water, oil and vanilla in a large bowl, then the baking mix and stir until combined.
3. Remove about ½ cup of cake batter and pour it in to the ramekin
4. Pour remaining batter into cake pan.
5. Place both items on a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes.
6. Remove small ramekin but continue to bake the cake for another 10-15
minutes or until a toothpick come out clean.
7. Let cake cool for about 10 minutes, then remove the cake from the pan and on to a cooling rack.
8. Once the cake has cooled completely, frost.
9. Crumble the cake that that was in the small ramekin in to tiny pieces and place crumbles in mounds around the cake to make “dirt” hills
10. Decorate with your favorite spooky graveyard decorations.
Yields: 12 Cupcakes
1 cup water
3 tablespoons oil
1 box Simple Mills Pumpkin Muffin Mix
1 container Simple MillsOrganic Vanilla Frosting
5-6 ounces dark chocolate, melted
1.Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Whisk the eggs, water and oil in a large bowl, add the muffin mix and stir until combined.
3.Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
4. Cool in pan10 minutes, transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack, cool completely.
5. Melt chocolate in microwave or over a double boiler.
6. Place frosting in a large bowl and whisk to soften and frost muffins.
7. Place melted chocolate in a piping bag (#2 tip) or ziploc bag (cut a small corner).
8.On top of each frosted cupcake, start in the middle and pipe chocolate in concentric circles.
9. Gently drag a toothpick from the center to the outward edge of the cupcake. Continue until you’ve created a web.
10. Let the chocolate set and enjoy.
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
2 large eggs
½ cup water
3 Tablespoons oil
1 box Simple Mills chocolate muffin and cake mix
10 white chocolate peanut butter cups, removed from wrappers (optional) Desired amount of Simple Mills Organic Chocolate Frosting
Ingredients for the ghosts:
10 large homemade or store bought marshmallows
2oz melted dark chocolate, for ghost faces
1. Preheat the oven to 350F & prepare muffin tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, make Simple Mills chocolate muffins according to box.
3. Add 2 Tbsp batter to 10 lined muffin tin compartments.
4. If desired, place a peanut butter cup on top of the batter, then cover it with 1 ½ Tbsp additional batter, or simply fill muffin cups with batter.
5. Bake for 18 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch.
6.Cool for 5 minutes in pan before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Melt chocolate and using a toothpick, draw ghost’s eyes and mouth onto marshmallows.
8. Assemble cupcakes: Apply desired amount of frosting to the tops of each cupcake, top each cupcakes with marshmallow ghost.
Yields: 25 Monster eyeballs
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 box Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix
1 cup Simple Mills Organic Vanilla Frosting, divided
1 cup palm shortening
¾ cup coconut butter
1¾ cups powdered sugar, sifted
Natural Dye (India Tree)
25 -30 chocolate chips
Make the cake pops:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease an 8x8-baking dish and line with parchment paper.
3.Whisk the eggs, water, oil and vanilla in a large bowl, then add the baking
mix and stir until combined.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10
minutes and then place onto cooling rack.
5. Cool cake completely and place in large bowl
6. Crumble cake with your hands and mix in ¾ cup of Simple Mills vanilla frosting until thoroughly combined
7. Using a tablespoon, scoop out batter and roll the dough into balls.
8. Melt the remaining ¼ cup of Simple Mills vanilla frosting
9. Dip cake stick in frosting, stick it in the cake balls, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (stick end up).
10. Repeat until all the dough is gone and place in freezer.
Make the coating:
1. Place the palm shortening in a large bowl and mix on high until mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Add melted coconut butter and beat until fluffy
3. Add powdered sugar and beat until frosting is light and airy (3-5 minutes).
4. Divide coating into 3 bowls but reserve about ½ cup for the white irises.
5. Among the 3 larger bowls, mix in your preferred natural dye color.
6. Remove the cake pops from the freezer; working quickly and gently, roll the pops in the coating and place back on the pan with the stick end facing up. Repeat until finished and place in fridge to set for about 15-20 minutes.