Summer is a time to enjoy the warm weather, flaunt your bod and enjoy the outdoors as much as possible. However, the hot season means natural elements that can hinder anyone’s well-being, making it imperative your medicine cabinet is stocked with the most essential, over-the-counter, at-home first aid products and medications.
1. Moisturizing Sunscreen – This goes without saying. A moisturizing sunscreen is an absolute must! Sunscreen acts as a basic sun protector, assists with premature aging, helps with evening skin tones, all while making sure you stay moisturized.
2. Aloe Vera Gel - With the sun rays in full force, it can be difficult to protect your skin from the heat. Aloe Vera Gel has great preventative properties also working as a skin rejuvenation, healing and soothing product. Aloe Vera Gel is a summer essential tool in skin-health and can used to relieve burned skin, remove sunspots, and moisturize dry skin
3. Calamine Lotion - The summer brings mosquitos along with other pestering insects, leaving you vulnerable to bug bites and itchy rashes. Calamine Lotion is an oldie but goodie. This soothing cream is great to calm any itching that you may endure.
4. Neosporin – Most people are more active during the summer season, partaking in outdoor activities like hiking, camping and beaching. Neosporin helps in treating and preventing infection due to minor cuts, scrapes, and burns you may get from your summer lifestyle.
5. Band-Aids – Besides the most common use of Band-Aids, such as treating minor cuts and scrapes, Band-Aids can also be a great summer hack and important to prevent blisters, friction and wounds from sandals and other exposed footwear.
6. Benadryl – Summer allergies are no joke! Pollen and insects can do a lot harm. Benadryl treats sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, hives, skin rash, itching, and other allergy symptoms that summer brings.
7. Multivitamins – Some people may not know it, but summer is a great time to boost your body’s defense system.Multivitamins are important to provide the nutriment your body will crave in the summer.
Dr. Christopher Calapai, D.O., a New York City Osteopathic Physician board certified in family and anti-aging medicine has shared with The One Income Dollar the above seven medicine cabinet must-haves for the summer!