New Clothing Line Seeks to Save Lives of Dogs and Cats

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Five Acres Animal Shelter is the only no-kill animal shelter in St. Charles County, Missouri and one of the largest no-kill animal shelters in the greater St. Louis Metropolitan Area. On a mission to enrich the lives of pets in need and families, the Shelter practices thoughtful placement through C.A.R.E. – Compassion, Advocacy, Responsibility and Education.

While the majority of its animals come from owner surrenders in the greater St. Louis Metro Area, Five Acres works with animal control facilities and overcrowded shelters nationwide. In fact, the Shelter took in both cats and dogs from shelters in Houston, Texas following Hurricane Harvey and from shelters in the U.S. Virgin Islands following Hurricane Irma – all of whom have been placed in forever homes.

A 501C3 non-profit organization, Five Acres Animal Shelter does not receive any tax funding. As such, they rely completely on private donations, corporate support, events and grants to continue their good works. That’s why Sean Lashley, a member of the Shelter’s Advisory Board, has created a new line of apparel to support the Shelter.

“As I entered into the last year of my 30s, I wanted to do something altruistic that I knew could make a significant impact on my community,” said Lashley who, for the past 16 years, has helped build consumer brands by connecting and creating authentic influencer relations programs that drive brand awareness, sales, and/or social impact. “I was already leveraging my professional services for Five Acres but I knew I could do more. So I’ve committed to raising $40,000 by the time I turn 40 this September and gifting that money to Five Acres Animal Shelter.”

One way Lashley is fulfilling on this commitment is by creating RE5CUE Apparel. Working with a talented graphic designer and colleague, Bri Ebenroth, the first designs focus on the RE5CUE logo. In the months ahead, there are plans to expand further with animal imagery, notable quotes, and more. All of the products are being produced and sold through One Mission with 40% of each purchase going directly to Five Acres Animal Shelter. The other 60% goes to pay for the cost of the physical products ordered as well as site hosting, etc.

Lashley added: “Five Acres is doing a great job adopting more than 1,000 cats and dogs into forever homes each year. But with a $40,000 donation, they could be doing even more. My hope is that animal lovers nationwide will love the RE5CUE concept as much as I do and be motivated to buy this great merchandise for themselves, family, or friends. Or, if they are so inclined, they can simply donate money without making a purchase.”

To shop the RE5CUE Apparel line, visit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
The One Income Dollar. All rights reserved.