· 6 Walkers Pure Butter Gluten Free Shortbread cookies crushed
· 1 pound ground meat of choice
· 1 diced small onion
· 1 tablespoon tomato paste
· 1/4 cup of cola (may replace cola with gluten-free steak sauce or Gravy Master)
· 4 to 6 diced mushrooms
· 1 teaspoon of each rosemary, thyme, marjoram
· 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
· 1 tablespoon gluten free flour
· 6 cubed potatoes
· ½ cup cheddar cheese
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· *optional one clove of garlic diced
Begin by cutting and cubing potatoes. Once cut and cubed, toss with olive oil and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes. Once baked set aside to use for topping.
Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add meat of choice. Once almost cooked through, add onions and mushrooms. Continue to cook the mixture until ingredients are softer. Then add tomato paste, cola, and spices (including garlic if preferred). Add 1 tablespoon of gluten free flour over the mixture and stir until a sauce is created. Then remove the pan from heat.
Begin to mash potatoes you had set aside and add crushed Walkers Pure Butter Gluten Free Shortbread cookies.
Prepare your baking pan with a layer of cooked meat on the bottom. Then add the potatoes and shortbread mixture. Be sure to top with grated cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese bubbles. Once out of the oven, top with a pinch of spices and serve.
*If in a hurry can broil on low for 6 minutes. Keeping your eyes on it to keep from burning.