Bangalore, the capital city of Karnataka, is known for its immense natural beauty, so much so that it is called as the ‘Garden City. Its’ other name is ‘Bengaluru’ and it is a home to many regal palaces as well as top educational institutes such as IIM, NEFT, IISC etc. Across the country as well as abroad, Bangalore is known as the Silicon Valley of India, having so many foreign as well as local IT companies spread out all across it.
Best Time To Visit Bangalore
Enjoy the beauty of this magnificent, modern city by visiting it during the winter season which falls between October and February. You can also enjoy it between March and May when the weather is a little warm but still pleasant.
Historical Places To Visit In Bangalore
Enjoy the city’s regal past, which has witnessed many rulers and changes over the centuries by visiting these places:
- Tipu Sultan’s Palace –This grand palace is now a museum, Built in 1781, it showcases beautiful paintings, striking arcs and breathtakingly beautiful interiors, balconies on the east and west were at one point of time used to conduct durbars by Tipu Sultan.
- Bangalore Palace – This grand structure displays Tudor style architecture which includes turrets, towers and battlements. It is spread across45000 square feet, showcases impressive floral motifs, relief paintings, cornices, carvings and modern interiors.
- Vidhan Soudha – Covering a majestic 5, 00,000 square, this enormous structure houses the legislative assembly and various government offices. The four-storied structure was built in 1956 and is flooded with multi colored lights in the evenings on Sundays, making it best for photo shoots and sightseeing.
- Attara Kacheri – This striking red color building, going up to two stories was built in 1867, under Tipu Sultan’s directions. Enjoy its neoclassic architecture and majestic structure, which now houses the high court and many other lower courts
- Lalbagh Botanical Gardens – Built in 1760 by the ruler, Hyder Ali, this Mughal style garden covers 240 acres and gets its name from the beautiful red roses that blooms throughout the year,
Food Culture Of Bangalore
The city’s best restaurants and snack corners offer a delectable array of dishes. Here’s the best to check out:
- Hari’s Super Sandwich, Jayanagar – They offer different kinds of sandwiches like corn sandwich, chocolate sandwich, cheese sandwich. Chaat lovers can also try out sev puri and panipuri.
- Brahmin’s Coffee, Basavanagudi –– Step in here to enjoy delicious South Indian food ranging from soft and fluffy Idlis served with butter and chutney. Vadas are crispy and yummy and you can also try the different baths like chow-chow bath to the Kesaribath, do not miss the aromatic coffee to wind up the meal
- Smiley’s Café, Ashok Nagar– Cozy ambience with both indoor and outdoor seating. It has a menu that’s made up of everything right from Starter items like Chicken 65, Breads, and Burgers to main course items like Malai Kofta, Paneer Butter Masala, Naan and desserts like brownies.
- Koshys, Ashok Nagar – It’s a lovely multi-cuisine restaurant with an old world charm but the best place to enjoy a typical western dish like Pineapple Steak, Roast Chicken with stuffing or something very traditional like Tandoori-Ka-Paratha and Palak Paneer. .
- Nagarjuna, Residency Road- It serves typical Andhra cuisine right from the traditional meals, biryani like Kodu or Mamsam Biryani to lighter snacks Mutton Kheema Balls or Prawn Sholay Kebab.
- Koramangala Social – Lovely rooftop restaurant, where you can enjoy fun time enjoying gourmet dishes like Fully Loaded Nachos, Fish Taco, Goan Prawn Curry, Veg Triple Shezwan etc
Shopping Places In Bangalore
Shopaholics will find the city a treasure island of shop varieties like none other. Some of the hotspots which are: any shopper’s delight are :
- MG Road – Step in here to do a complete clothes shopping. You can find everything ranging from designer labels to discounted pieces from street vendors.
- Commercial Street – It is a shopper’s paradise with stores selling items ranging from jewelry to clothing and even home décor.
- Chickpea Market – You will find the enormous range of sarees offered here to be a little overwhelming, given the fact that it has practically every available design, color, style and material.
- Avenue Street – Book lovers will enjoy shopping here with the vast number of shops selling all kinds of books! Even though the Kindle is popular, still you can find many shops here to be crowded.
- Electronic Market – Explore this place to find the most amazing gadgets, electronic goodies, spare parts and much more. There is something for everyone ranging from hobbyists to serious buyers.
Tourist Places In Bangalore
Enjoy the culture and tradition of this majestic city by visiting:
- Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum - An extravagant science museum, it’s a visual treat with interesting sections such as the dinosaur corner, space gallery, electro technic gallery and 3D theatre.
- Ulsoor Lake – A beautiful lake, spreading about 1.5km and surrounded by the most picturesque landscape, visit it to enjoy its beauty, boating, for taking photos and enjoying walks.
- Karnataka Folk Museum – Explore the state’s rich folk heritage in this museum, where you can see a wide range of art items, costumes, recorded music collections, toys and much more.
- Government Museum And Venkatappa Art Gallery – Travel back in time, checking out the most beautiful art pieces and items from bygone eras housed in absolute perfection here
- Cubbon Park – Built in 1870, it is known as the Sri Chamarajendra Park. Indulge yourself with its sprawling acres of greenery, dotted with usual flowers, treat ad even rare plant species.
Recommended Stays In Bangalore
It should be noted that Hotels in Bangalore are luxurious retreats where you can enjoy a comfortable stay, food and enjoy access to key planes of interest. If you don’t want to splurge, check out budget hotels where you can enjoy comfortable and spacious rooms, multi-cuisine restaurant and travel desk. However when a more luxurious form of staying is needed check out any of the opulent five-star retreats where you can enjoy exotic rooms, gourmet food, fitness center, conference halls etc.
Enjoy a fun time in this sprawling and beautiful city staying in the best hotels and enjoying the delicious cuisine!