McCormick has a handy food color guide for turning boxed cake mix and canned white frosting into every shade of green, from light mint to deep emerald.
For more Irish inspiration, try these festive recipes:
- Shamrock Sugar Cookies: These dazzling clover-shaped sugar cookies coated in green-tinted icing are an easy way to add a little Irish fun.
- : Scatter golden foil-wrapped chocolate candy coins around these emerald green crispy treats to create your own Irish pot of gold!
- These bars have an irresistible citrus flavor that comes from fresh lime juice and pure lemon extract.:
- Contrasting layers of green, white and chocolate brown get a hint of sophistication with refreshing pure peppermint extract.:
- & Cupcakes: Varying the drops of food color in layers of cake batter made from a cake mix makes this colorful delight achievable for all bakers.
- Mimic the ombre effect on the outside of the cake by tinting frosting various shades of green and layering onto the outside of the cake.
- This decadent brownie, infused with vanilla extract and Irish cream liqueur, will have everyone tapping their feet to a Celtic tune.:
- Emerald Mint Milkshake: This classic milkshake recipe is transformed into a cool concoction with a hint of green and touch of pure peppermint extract.