Day 3 and 4- Our Trip To Jasper

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Since it is another late night of getting all settled, I will be combining my Day 3 and Day 4 of our trip in this post. Since we have been travelling through the National Park of Jasper, unfortunately, we had no Wi-Fi or Internet service. It's something I like when I am travelling- to blog and to stay connected to the outside world. So finally, we are in Lake Louise, Alberta for the night and was able to get a connection. Not sure how, as we are in the woods camping, but I have one. 

Our Day 3 went like this though:

Left the Battlefords - at 9 am it was 5 degrees but feeling more like 2
Drove through Lloydminster at 1 pm, but stopped at Canadian Tire first and Gerry was able to pick up his RV cover-$95- and that included the taxes. Back at home, the same item was out of stock but was more- $129 plus taxes! Gerry still isn't sure why one place would be less than the other. But glad now that it was out of stock back home.

Made a special stop in Vegreville to see the Worlds Largest Pasanka

We drove on to Jasper and never arrived till late- about 10- 11 pm.. ate late and went to bed.

Staying in Jasper National Park costed us $20 for the park entry fee. An electrical site was $32.50.

Stayed at Whistlers Campground. We were told when we arrived that there had been bears roaming here and also that the elk were mating and that we were to stay away from them- geesh- it was a good thing we didn't see any. But out in the bush camping, Gerry would take Jakey out for his pee breaks just close to the RV and back.

Day 4 :

We left our campground and were suppose to go on the Jasper Skytram, but the day was rainy and we did go there but were showed on the web cam that at the top, it was a zero visibility. So looked basically you were in the clouds, so we had to forgo it. Disappointed but we were heading down the highway to the Columbia Ice Fields an hour away and didn't want to come back. As it was, once we were further up the road they were doing blasting of rock, and there were half hour waits just to go through. Long line ups on the highway. Was nice to have our own washroom!

From the Jasper Skytram spot, we headed to the Athabasca Falls,

 then the Sunwapata Falls,

 and ended our day going on the Glacier Skywalk, (which I must say was scary for me since I'm afraid of heights and could see the canyon below as we walked over the glass, but nonetheless, a MUST SEE!).

After that we headed  to the Columbia Ice Fields, where we just parked in the parking lot and walked about 10 minutes up the hill...a very steep climb, that left us both gasping for breaths- possibly because of the altitude. We were lucky that there was a nice couple up there that offered to take our photo for taking theirs as well. If you would like to see the glacier up close to actually walk on it, there is also available, the Glacier Adventure, which is 80 minutes, start to finish.

Tomorrow we head through Banff and then on to Calgary to see Erika and Jon for a quick stop, before driving along and heading towards home, but still not getting home till at least Sunday.

We've been very happy with Jakey as well this trip, he has been a great dog to have along, and with no issues travelling with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
The One Income Dollar. All rights reserved.