With Valentine's Day rapidly approaching, it's time to buy or create something special for that special someone. Whether it's a boyfriend, girlfriend, or spouse, it's an opportunity to show them your love. It can be done simply, with jewelry or flowers, or it can be done creatively with a basket of gifts that will truly make the day special. Here are 5 different ways to make their Valentine's Day awesome.
1. Makeover Basket
For her: women love to be pampered. They're very sensitive to tactile sensations and esoteric stimulation. To make the day special, a "Makeover Basket" can be the treat she'll never forget and may ask for next year. Ingredients to add to this gift would be:
- Manicure, pedicure, and hot tub. This very relaxing all-day event will have a lady smiling and cooing for days, if not weeks.
- Body oils
- Bubble bath
- Candles - scented, preferably with Lavender or Eucalyptus; both scents are used in aromatherapy.
- Music - a CD of soft classical music in the style of Strauss or perhaps something New Age; soft, melodic, soothing.
2. Romantic Basket Option A
There is little, really, that a lover can offer a man for Valentine's Day that doesn't include the two of you. Here are a couple different choices:
- Books - a good romance novel for her; a book about how to please your mate for him, with a note from you.
- Pomegranate (long known as a symbol of love and romance)
- Requesting suggestions from him. Highlighting a few select passages with a sticky - note that includes your own thoughts would be a good touch.
- Music - a copy of Ravel's Bolero and a note from you suggesting that the CD be included in your next visit together.
- Sexy pair of undies with a personal note works great for either sex.
- Candles - always a great choice.
3. Romantic Basket Option B
- Poetry - write a poem. Even if your talents do not equal that of Shakespeare, it's your heart that you are opening up, not a book. Make it sincere and loving. Remember, poetry does not have to rhyme.
- Sing a song - There are many computer programs available that will allow you to record your own voice. Sing a song that you both love. Or, if you tend to be more artistic, write and sing one of your own. Create a CD or cassette and wrap it in a lavender scented ribbon and be sure to include a note from your heart.
- Flowers - again, Lavender or roses. Online, you can purchase a gold-plated rose that will last forever, just like your love.
- Handmade book of certificates - like the kind you gave your mom in grade school, only make these gift certificates for a massage, breakfast in bed, one day of servitude, bath with your assistance, candle-lit meal prepared by you.
4. Weekend Away Basket
This basket is great for a romantic couples weekend:
- Reservations at a secluded cabin where you can "let your hair down" and not worry about prying eyes, — or — a nice hotel that includes massage and spa services.
- Sexy boxers for him, nightie for her
- Candles, of course
- Flowers for the room
- Sexy or romantic movie to watch
5. Classic Couples Basket
- Photo album of pictures of you both over the years doing things that you love together
- Poem or prose reminding them of your everlasting love
- Jewelry - if possible, slip it into her champagne.
Author Bio: Jennifer is a freelance writer and mother of 3 that contributes for a number of different personal finance websites. Some of her work is featured on consumer website for finding consumer website for finding cheap car insurance quotes and a homeowners insurance website. When she is not writing she can be found feverishly trying to line up a babysitter for Valentine's Day!