Here's a new way to mix up your traditional holiday cookies this year with a recipe using Pringles crisps. Below is an original recipe for Kringle-Spiced Pringles Cookies, created by professional Chef Kyle Shadix. This sandwich cookie combines the savory crunch of Pringles Original Potato crisps with a sweet and zesty jam to create a winning substitute for the boring ginger cookie.Yum!
Yield: 2 dozen sandwich cookies
· 1 can Pringle's “The Original”
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon allspice
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
· 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
· 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
· 1 egg
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 cup fruit preserves, raspberry or mixed berry
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven at to 350 degrees and place Pringles, flour, baking soda, and spices in a food processor, and puree until the consistency of corn meal; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until slightly fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix for 30 seconds.
4. Pour the Pringles spice mixture into the bowl and mix for 1 minute; place dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets, and bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
6. In a small bowl, combine fruit preserves and ginger (if desired, ginger is optional); spread 1 teaspoon onto a cookie, and top with another cookie. Instead of crystallized ginger can swap out 2 teaspoons of powdered ginger to the jam.
Did you know that there are many ways to reuse the empty Pringles container after your cookies are baked?
Here are just a few ideas:
· Share the Holiday Spirit: Give a can of Pringles and the Kringle recipe to encourage holiday baking as a family activity.
· Hostess On The Go: Cookies can travel conveniently in the cup holder for the 6-hour car ride to the relative’s house.
· Add A Personal Touch: Embellish the can with jewels, garland or wrap it in a meaningful photo to use as a gift box.
· Dinner Center Piece: Garnish the outside of the can and add festive decoration; a great kid’s arts and craft project.
· Holiday Storage: Pack ornaments or wrap ribbon around can to keep tangle free.