Tuesday, October 5, 2010
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization dedicated to helping children and their communities worldwide reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. They serve the worlds poor, regardless of a person’s religion, race, ethnicity or gender. For more information, visit www.worldvision.org.
To better understand the impact of gifts given from the World Vision Gift Catalog, please click on the link below to view a short video clip that chronicles the long-term benefit of a goat (one of the most popular gift items) given to Dorothy, a single mother of 6, in Zambia. The clip shows how one goat can transform the lives of a family and impact an entire community. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zl6iSg1qHw
The catalog motto – Give a gift, Change a life - is exemplified by Dorothy’s story.
After purchasing a Gift Catalog item, the person in whose name the gift was given will receive a special card describing the item as well as its impact.
Giving a gift from the catalog is more than making a cash donation in a loved one’s name; gift givers can select items that match the hobby or interest of the recipient, for example:
- A gardener may like hybrid or drought-resistant seeds for a farmer ( $17), page 22
- The sports enthusiast could get a kick out of four soccer balls donated to a school ( $32), page 31
- A co-worker might appreciate job training supplies given to a women needing skills and business training ($25), page 14
- The kid in all of us would understand the importance of nurturing playful imagination ($35 provides $385 worth of new toys), page 16
- A foodie knows the importance of eggs, milk and meat in a diet and would see the value of a gift of a goat and two chickens ($100), page 5
To order World Vision gifts, visit the web site at www.worldvisiongifts.org. To order by phone or to request a print catalog, call toll-free (888) 511-6511.