Monday, March 14, 2011
March 14- Today is National Potato Chip Day
These tasty snacks can be dated back to the mid-nineteenth century; and by the twentieth century potato chips could be found across the country as they were massed produced for consumption everywhere. It is no wonder this salty snack became so popular with its never ending ability to taste like just about anything. The first potato chips were fried in hot oil and doused in salt, but today we can find such varieties as barbeque, sour cream and onion, and even jalapeño. We can even choose the way potato chips are made, including fried, baked and kettle cooked. The choices are never ending with potato chips, everyone is bound to find something to enjoy.
A yummy recipe to try from Pringles:
· 2- 6.38-ounce cans of Pringles (BBQ or Honey Mustard flavor)
· 2 pounds of boneless chicken breast or chicken tenders, cut into 1 1/2” nuggets
· 2 cups of skim milk or buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 400°F with a rack in the middle.
2. Place nuggets in milk.
3. Puree the Pringles in a food processor, and pour into a large sealable plastic bag. Place two or three nuggets at a time in the bag and shake to coat.
4. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, and place the well-coated nuggets in a single layer. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
5. Remove and let stand, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes to crisp.